Pages

Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Vintage Paper Art



The top picture shows a few of the vintage books I am preparing to create my paper art designs from .... I actually have over 100 books in my collection (not all I am willing to sacrifice). Some of these books shown were purchased from the lifeline book festival earlier this year, if you haven't been to one of these festivals I suggest you mark it in your diary for next year, check out Lifeline for the next event. The bottom picture shows a delightful vintage book I picked up today from Lifeline on Oxford St in Bulimba (can't go past without having a peek inside). The book itself is quite yellow and, like most of my books, has been knocked around a little. The thing I love about it is the mauve-pink - yes pink - coloured accents on the illustrations - most books in this era tend to use yellow, red, or green, so it is nice to see a beautiful mauve-pink. I will try and salvage some of the wonderful tartan pink from the opening pages for my design also. If you are interested in viewing some of my latest paper art designs please go to my etsy store. I will be adding more in the coming days.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Fantastic! I love it when you leave a comment.