Pages

Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Vinnies Finds

As you all know, I have been slowly stockpiling yummy things to put into my youngest daughter's 'big girl bedroom'. Recently I have been looking for a 'girly' bedside table to paint - I have had no luck on ebay, and everything in the stores looks too ...... well 'new' ..... and not quite right.

Well, things happen for a reason as yesterday I popped into my local Vinnies and found these two lovely bedside tables for $12 ea - okay not quite so lovely at the moment .... but nothing a coat of white paint and some beautiful crystal knobs won't fix - right?! I think I need to channel Kristine from The Painted Hive as I have a few projects for her room now! Will post about these in a few months when I have completed them - wish me luck! Oh, and any of your lovely suggestions would be good. Michelle


18 comments:

  1. Great find! I cant wait to see the finished product :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Michelle,

    They are gorgeous! They will look so cute when done up. Well done on the fabulous find. Cant wait to see the end result.
    Jxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh i adore them.......they are exactly the shape i like, can't wait to see what they look like when painted lisa

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice pickup and a steal at $12 each! Looking forward to seeing them painted and zhushed!

    ReplyDelete
  5. They're gorgeous!! What an amazing find! Can't wait to see them when you do them up :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a find! How did you do it? I never seem to come across any thing with so much potential. Look forward to seeing what you do with them. Jane:)

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a lucky find Michelle! Looking forward to seeing the finished product! Christine xo

    ReplyDelete
  8. fantastic! nice find girly! they look lovely already but even better when you're done with them. will i see you at rummage this weekend? x

    ReplyDelete
  9. You did so well to find those gorgeous tables. I can imagine how wonderful they are going to look with their new coat of paint. Well done Michelle! xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. They will look fabulous painted white. Good for you for seeing the design potential.

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a great find, I can't believe just $12 each! Hope you'll share how they look with the paint and crystal knobs! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. AWwww I love those side tables! Great find! And yes, Kristine is great... she would have some wonderful advice for you!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great finds! These are stunning! I can't wait to see how you transform them.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh my gosh. You're amazing. They are so nice. I had no idea how nice they were when you originally described them. How do you do it girl?

    ReplyDelete
  15. Too cool, you know they were meant to be yours...can't wait to see the new tables when you have finished.

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a great find can't wait to see the finished product..:)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh my goodness Michelle, you are making me pea green with envy!!! Want, want, want! Amazing price for them, well done. And to get two matching, v impressed.

    Personally I'd go for painting them white and maybe keep the orginal handles so they contrast.

    Their shape is stunning...wowee. Okay. tearing myself away from your post now!! :-)

    ReplyDelete

Fantastic! I love it when you leave a comment.