Pages

Friday, February 18, 2011

One Persons Trash ....

As you probably already know, most of my stock is made from recycled or salvaged materials. You may not know that most of it comes from a wonderful not-for-profit organisation called Reverse Garbage.

Set up in 1998 to support Friends of the Earth - Brisbane, Reverse Garbage sells high quality industrial discards donated by local businesses for re-use. In turn this ensures they do not go into landfill. These products, are sold to the general public at a very low price and are used in a range of craft, art, renovation and school projects.

Until recently Reverse Garbage has resided in West End. Currently they are stocking their new warehouse at 20 Bourke Street, Woolloongabba with their doors set to open on the 21st February 2011! They are holding an official opening on the 26th February with a range of craft classes being held for the kids, among many other exciting things.

Reverse Garbage also supports local artists by selling their wares through their gift shop Echoes. All artists must have at least 75% recycled or reused product in their work in order to sell through the shop. I am lucky enough to be one of the artists in their new gift shop at Woolloongabba!


You will find some of my magnets for sale ...



My garlands ....



along with packets/individual gift tags ....


I'm very excited to be part of their new location!

If you have never been, have a wander - you never know what you may find ..... nor the inspiration that may strike!!

Have a great weekend everyone.
Michelle


3 comments:

  1. Very cool, Michelle. I'm in Brisbane all next week for work, not sure if I will be able to get there, but will try. We have a Reverse Garbage here in Sydney also. It's a fantastic place. I know Megan Morton uses them a lot, too...T

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations Michelle! Thanks for letting us know they are moving - I for one would never have known - and I can now save myself some embarrassment :)

    Have a wonderful weekend. Pam x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow Michelle,that is so exciting. I love Reverse Garbage but admit I have not been there for ages. The new shop sounds fantastic. Can't wait to check out your goodies, cheers Katherine

    ReplyDelete

Fantastic! I love it when you leave a comment.