Pages

Monday, May 9, 2011

from here


Finally the kids are asleep and I can do a little post for the day.

I hope you all had a wonderful Mothers Day yesterday. I spent the day with a couple of friends enjoying a few (too many) glasses of bubbly whilst munching on divine rocky road.

Thought I would share the recipe with you as I made this for Easter too instead of buying myself any eggs.

250g marshmellows
200g raspberry lollies
250g salted roasted peanuts
375g dark chocolate melts (you could also use milk or white if you wish)

Roughly chop marshmellows (or buy the small ones like I do) and raspberries and combine with peanuts. Melt chocolate as per instructions on the pack and mix through thoroughly. Spread straight into a foil lined tray (shape of your choice). Refrigerate.

Oh, and the 'secret ingredient' is the salt on the peanuts! The salt and the chocolate make this quite different to a lot of over the counter rocky road.

Thanks Lou for passing on this simply scrumptious recipe!

The only problem is now that Easter is definitely over ..... I can't stop making it!!

Enjoy.
Michelle

2 comments:

  1. Yummo... thanks Michelle. I have to make this -the raspberry lollies did it for me. Now I'm wondering what it would be like with raspberry licorice?? I'll let you know.
    Hugs ~ Kerryanne

    ReplyDelete
  2. Michelle this looks amazing and sounds so easy, thanks for sharing your recipe, xx Katherine

    ReplyDelete

Fantastic! I love it when you leave a comment.